Riverview Baptist Church Job Opening:
Associate Pastor of Family Life
Job Type: Full-Time
Weekly Attendance: 561 in two services (5-yr. average)
Location: Ripplemead, VA (Giles County)
About the Family Life Pastor Position:
The Family Life Pastor—a new associate-pastor position at the Church—will be the spiritual leader and shepherd for Riverview Baptist Church’s children’s, youth and young family ministries. This role includes overseeing and leading ministries related to building strong Christian families and performing all the scriptural duties of the office (1 Tim 3:1-7: Acts 20:28, Titus 1: 6-9 and 1 Peter 5:2-3). Able to administer the ordinances and perform the duties of a Baptist minister, the Family Life Pastor will work directly with and under the Senior Pastor. This position requires a passion to know and glorify God through personal study of Scripture, personal and corporate worship and prayer, edification of the local church, discipleship, outreach, and effective administration.
Built upon a personal commitment to a consistent prayer and devotional life, the Family Life Pastor will seek to lead young people—from nursery to college/career ages—and their families to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ through evangelism, discipleship, worship, prayer, ministry, and fellowship. The Family Life Pastor will provide spiritual vision, growth, and guidance to the key leadership of nursery, children, youth, and college/career ministries through administrative planning, education, and motivation.
The Family Life Pastor will coordinate these family-life ministries in the promotion, planning, and implementation of activities and events, and he will work in harmony with the Senior Pastor and staff to supervise leaders in those ministries to equip students and adult volunteers to become dynamic in multiplying disciples of Christ. Such responsibilities will also include providing pastoral care in the areas of pre-marriage, marriage, and parenting.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Education and Experience:
- Exceptional administrative skills required.
- Graduation from a theologically sound Christian college/seminary is strongly preferred. Our doctrinal statement is available here
- A bachelor’s degree in Family-Life Ministry, Christian Education, Biblical Studies, Theology, Divinity, Ministry, or like field is a desirable asset.
- Additional education experience will also be considered.
- A preference for at least 5 years of pastoral ministry experience—preferably in children/youth or family-life ministry. Prior ministry experience working with multiple staff is also preferred.
Riverview Baptist Church
Attn: Pulpit Committee
291 Big Stony Creek Road
Ripplemead, VA 24150
For specific questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply for the Family-Life Pastoral Position:
Interested candidates should email (or mail) a detailed resume (no more than two pages). You may provide a one-page cover letter and family photo, although such materials are not required.
- Please email resumes to email@example.com with subject line: “RESUME: [insert last name]”
- Mailed copies may be sent to the Church’s address above.
On a rolling basis, the pulpit committee will invite selected candidates who best align with this job posting to send additional materials—including a more robust application.